Short Video Contest
A short video contest is an engaging event where participants create and submit brief videos based on a specific theme or topic. These contests have gained popularity across various platforms, including social media and film festivals.
The competition is aimed at encouraging students both home and abroad to create a short video on a variety of themes mentioned in the poster.
The primary goal of the contest is to enhance general awareness among students about Pakistan's cultural heritage including archaeological sites, stupas, forts, shrines, tombs, buildings, residences, monuments, and places of worship.
Why Short Video Contest
Creativity and Expression: Participants have the opportunity to showcase their creativity and express themselves through the medium of video. The short format challenges them to convey a compelling message or story within a limited time frame.
Accessible Entry: Short video contests often have lower barriers to entry compared to longer film competitions. This accessibility encourages a diverse range of participants, including amateur filmmakers, students, and emerging talent.
Social Media Engagement: Many short video contests leverage social media platforms for submissions and voting. This not only increases the reach of the contest but also fosters community engagement as viewers share and interact with the videos.
Skill Development: Participants can enhance their video production skills, including filming, editing, storytelling, and sound design. The constraints of a short video format encourage concise and impactful storytelling.
Promotion of Innovation: Short video contests often encourage innovative approaches to storytelling and filmmaking. Participants may experiment with unique visual styles, effects, or narrative structures to stand out in the competition.
Community Building: These contests create a sense of community among participants who share a common interest in video creation. Collaborations and networking opportunities may arise, fostering connections within the filmmaking and content creation community.
Audience Interaction: Short video contests frequently involve audience participation, allowing viewers to vote for their favorite entries. This interactive element adds an exciting dimension to the competition and helps in building a fan base for the creators.
Promotional Opportunities: Winning or even participating in a short video contest can provide exposure for filmmakers and content creators. It may lead to opportunities for recognition, collaborations, or even professional development within the industry.
Adaptability to Various Themes: Short video contests can cover a wide range of themes, from social issues to entertainment. This flexibility allows organizers to tailor contests to specific interests, making them appealing to a broad audience.
Showcasing Diverse Perspectives: The inclusive nature of short video contests encourages participants from diverse backgrounds to share their unique perspectives and stories, contributing to a rich tapestry of creative expression.
Rules and Regulations
1) The length of the video should not exceed more than 2-minutes in length. All entries must be submitted in digital format.
2) All information presented in the video must be cited, giving credit to the original source. Plagiarism of any kind will result in disqualification. You DO NOT need to include your citations in your video. IF CHOSEN AS A FINALIST, you must submit a list of your sources, properly cited.
3) No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
4) The video recordings posted to the WhatsApp group will be judge by a jury panel and the best three participants will be duly selected. Kindly note that judges will not respond to any query on the group, it is only for participants to post their video recordings.
5) WhatsApp group link will be provided to registered members as soon as we receive their registration. Your video should be in Landscape position and recorded in a good quality resolution.
6) By entering the contest, the artist agrees with the rules mentioned above and the decisions of the Selection Committee. Their decision shall be final and is not subject to appeal.
Short Video Contest Poster
Islamic Calligraphy Competition
Story Writing Competition
National Essay Competition
National Dress Competition
National Speech Competition
Poster Design Competition
National Calligraphy Competition
National Painting Competition
National Photography Competition
National Sketching Competition
National Poetry Competition
National Azan Competition
National Naat Competition
National Qir’at Competition