A campus chapter is a group of students who are passionate about helping people build better lives for themselves, and are ready to take the next step to lead the charge at their campus to help fulfill Youth for Pakistan mission. The idea behind the Campus Chapters is on the lines of building a community of students and youth across all universities and giving them a common platform, which can connect all these chapters. Each campus chapter has a dedicated page on our website to allow different Campus Chapters to connect.
Campus chapter is a building block of Youth For Pakistan to work for students in all universities in Pakistan. This is virtual setup. (we don't work in university surrounding unless for events and different activities formal permission is not received from university administration).
Youth For Pakistan was receiveing thousands of application for membership on monthly basis. It was a cumbersome task for YFP team to manage these huge number of members and fulfill their needs. After a detail discussion in a YFP Board of Directors meeting, a Campus Chapter idea emerged. Campus Chapter is a common place for all students in a particular university with headed by a 13 body Campus Board. Campus Board is responsible for managing events, membership, requesting different services from YFP like career planning seminars, workshops, events etc. In this way each university have its own campus structure which they can connect with other Campus Chapters, share resources and get to know about fellow students, connect and collaborate with them.
- Perfect Spot: A university campus is the perfect place to start building leadership and communication skills which will help you develop leadership skills that will be invaluable in all areas of life.
- Largest Youth Network: Joining the nation's biggest and leading youth organizations, joining a team of students, youth, well-connected and hard working professionals who are all committed to one main goal: Empower youth and develop communication and leadership skills in them and making a positive change in their community, through their interaction and social relations.
- Membership Cards: Campus Board Body will be provided Youth For Pakistan Membership Cards, these ID cards will be valid for one year only. (A Campus Chapter is only valid for a period of 1 year after which it needs to be renewed)
- Scholarship: Campus Board can nominate one deserving student annually for Scholarship from Youth For Pakistan. (The availability of scholarship depend on the funds availability at YFP at that time)
- Award: Campus Board can nominate one student/youth for Youth Leadership Award. (The availability of YLA depend on the funds availability at Youth For Pakistan at that time)
- Mentorship: Campus Board can nominate most distinguished individuals for Young Pakistan Challenge (A project of YFP) as Mentors and Delegates for Young Pakistan Challenge program.
- Financial Help: Campus Board can ask for financial help from Youth For Pakistan, maximum Rs. 50, 000/annually, for an event, Career Planning Seminar, Career Planning workshop, fresher party, cultural program etc which have for reaching effects on students and Youth, when the Campus Board reach the minimum threshold of 250 members in particular Campus. (Template for funding will be provided on request). Free Eyes Test (when a campus reached minimum threshold), Cultural Days Support in Campuses (If Requested from Campus Board), Fresher Party for New Batch in Campus, Different Celebration in Campuses.
- Upload Your Pictures: Campus Board can send their meetings, events and activity photos/ Videos to YFP, and Youth For Pakistan will publish them on their Campus Chapter's Photos section. (The success of an event is judged by the number of people who participated and enjoyed taking part in it. Now, before the event, the core committee members have to make sure that the event will be properly promoted and publicized within the campus and on Social Media and after the event, its photos will be published on the YFP website).
- Human Rights Defender: Campus Chapters can send students complaint for harassment, facing bullying, intimidation or violation of their fundamental rights to YFP or Students Defender. Students Defender (A Project of YFP) will provide necessary legal assistance (free of cost) and YFP may lunch a full fledge campaign around the country, if need arises.
- Publish Your Views/Opinions: Campus Board Members can write their view on different topics of their choice and get published their blogs/post on YFP website and ultimately will be shared on YFP Facebook page. Submit Your Blog here.
- Networking: Forming and running new Campus Chapter in your university, find influential friends and contacts which will enrich your educational and social life. Meet with new great friends in different campus chapters in all the universities of Pakistan. Connect and collaborate with them for your educational purposes.
- Leadership Opportunity: Arrange contest, competitions, challenges, awards, career planning seminars/workshops for your campus, participate in university challenge and get your campus chapter be acknowledges at national level in its performance and service to the students.
- Resume: Becoming an Campus Boars Member for YFP will help you to expand your resume. Showing employers that you represented an organization will put forward the impression that you are hardworking and can handle multiple responsibilities.
- Opportunities: Open the door to other professional opportunities through events, workshops/training or conferences. As well as possible future career opportunities at Youth For Pakistan.
- Certificate: Get a certificate and letter of recommendation on successful completion of the Chapter in your university for a year dually approved from three top most organization in Pakistan i.e Network for Human Rights and Justice, Pakistan International Human Rights Organization and Youth for Pakistan.
- Career Skills: Learn new skills (like communication, leadership and public speaking) that help you grow — professionally and personally.
- Work Experience: Get real-world work experience and work alongside YFP Management team, Youth, peers and with other innovators.
- Have Fun: Last but not the least, another reason to become an Campus Board member for YFP is that you’ll have fun, you’ll get to meet new people, attend events, and participate in activities that will help you make the most out of your university experience.