About National Essay Contest
National Essay Contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity, and initiative of Pakistan's youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
A national essay competition is a contest that invites participants from a specific country to submit an original essay on a particular topic or theme. The competition is usually open to students, professionals, or anyone interested in writing. The winner(s) may receive a prize or recognition for their work, and the competition aims to promote writing skills, critical thinking, and creativity.
Why the National Essay Contest?
Essay competitions are held for a variety of reasons. They can provide a platform for students and writers to showcase their skills and gain recognition for their work. Essay competitions can also encourage critical thinking, research, and writing, helping to develop these important skills in participants. Additionally, essay competitions can raise awareness about important issues and topics, and promote discussion and debate among the wider community. Finally, some essay competitions offer prizes or other incentives, which can be a motivating factor for participants.
Steps for Essay Writings
Here are some general steps to follow when writing an essay:
- Understand the assignment: Read the instructions and make sure you understand what is being asked of you.
- Brainstorm: Generate ideas and organize them into a plan or outline.
- Research: Conduct research to gather information that supports your ideas and arguments.
- Thesis statement: Develop a clear and concise thesis statement that outlines the main point of your essay.
- Body paragraphs: Write clear and concise paragraphs that support your thesis statement.
- Conclusion: Summarize the main points of your essay and restate your thesis.
- Editing and proofreading: Review your essay for errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Remember to give yourself enough time to complete each step thoroughly and take breaks when needed to avoid burnout.
The theme is mentioned on the poster, a new theme is announced at the beginning of each month.
Rules and Regulations
The rules for a national essay competition may vary, but some common rules include:
- Topic: The competition may have a specific theme or topic that essays must address.
- Deadline: There will be a deadline for essay submissions, and late entries may not be accepted.
- Judging criteria: The essays will be judged based on certain criteria, such as originality, clarity, organization, and relevance to the topic.
- Prizes: The competition may offer prizes for the winners, such as scholarships, cash, or other incentives.
- Essays should be a maximum of 1,500 words excluding references, essays should only be written in Urdu/English. Past winners are not eligible to participate.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarism is not allowed. WE WILL CHECK for the authenticity of your writing, plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- You can include images in your work, mainly if they illustrate the topic or your ideas. Make sure you reference any images you use.
- Winners, finalists, semifinalists, and all other participants will be notified via email and/or by mail typically within a week after the last date.
- By entering the contest, the artist agrees with the rules mentioned above and the decisions of the Selection Committee. Their decision shall be final and is not subject to appeal.
It's important to read and follow the rules carefully to ensure eligibility and increase the chances of success in the competition.