Why National Calligraphy Competition
The purpose of the National Calligraphy Competition is to preserve and perpetuate this ancient, inherited art, as well as to encourage calligraphers to innovate in calligraphy according to its traditional rules, which ensures the permanence of this art and protects it from some practices that contradict its rules. Moreover, this competition, given the competitiveness resulting from the large number of calligraphers participating in it, is a motivating factor for them to hone their talents.
“Calligraphy is an art form that uses ink and a brush to express the very souls of words on paper. YFP brings you a calligraphy competition to showcase your skills!”
A calligraphy competition is an occasion where people display their abilities and inventiveness in the beautiful and intricate writing of characters, frequently with the use of a brush or pen. With an emphasis on writing and typography, participants build visually balanced and aesthetically beautiful compositions.
Benefits of Calligraphy Competition
1. Skill Development:Participants have the opportunity to enhance their calligraphy skills, refine techniques, and experiment with various styles and scripts.
2. Creative Expression:Calligraphy competitions encourage participants to express themselves artistically through lettering, fostering creativity and individual artistic expression.
3. Community Engagement:Competitions provide a platform for calligraphers to connect with each other, share ideas, and engage in a supportive community of like-minded individuals.
4. Cultural Appreciation:Participants and the audience gain a deeper appreciation for the cultural and historical significance of calligraphy, as competitions often showcase diverse scripts and writing traditions.
5. Networking Opportunities:Calligraphy competitions can serve as networking events, allowing participants to connect with experienced calligraphers, potential mentors, and others in the artistic community.
6. Exposure and Recognition:Winning or even participating in a competition can bring exposure and recognition to calligraphers, potentially leading to opportunities for commissions, collaborations, or exhibitions.
7. Motivation and Inspiration:Competitions inspire calligraphers to push their boundaries, try new techniques, and stay motivated in their artistic pursuits.
8. Educational Component:Workshops, demonstrations, or educational sessions often associated with calligraphy competitions contribute to the educational aspect of the event, offering valuable learning experiences for participants and attendees.
9. Public Engagement:Exhibitions of winning pieces provide the public with an opportunity to engage with and appreciate calligraphy as an art form, fostering a broader understanding of its beauty and complexity.
10. Cultural Exchange: Calligraphy competitions with diverse participants or themes can facilitate cultural exchange, showcasing the rich traditions and styles of calligraphy from different regions and backgrounds.
11. Promotion of Traditional Arts: By highlighting calligraphy in a competitive context, competitions contribute to the promotion and preservation of traditional art forms in a contemporary setting.
12. Personal Growth: -Participation in competitions challenges calligraphers to set goals, overcome creative hurdles, and experience personal growth in their artistic journey.
13. Platform for Emerging Talent: Competitions often serve as platforms for emerging talent, giving recognition to new and undiscovered calligraphers.
14. Encourages Continuous Learning: Calligraphy competitions encourage participants to stay updated on current trends, explore new styles, and continuously improve their craft.
15. Celebrates Diversity: Competitions that feature a variety of scripts and styles celebrate the diversity of calligraphy, showcasing its versatility and beauty across different cultural and linguistic contexts.
Rules and Regulations
1) The artwork can include pictures or designs to complement the calligraphic work (as long as it does not depict human or animals figure).
2) Participants must include their first and last name in the file name of their submission. Entries that do not meet these criteria will be rejected.
3) Judgment criteria shall be on creativity, design, clarity, content and elements present.
4) By entering the contest, the artist agrees with the rules mentioned above and the decisions of the Selection Committee. Their decision shall be final and is not subject to appeal. The works entered in this contest must be free of any third-party rights. The Contest organizer shall not be liable in relation to any such third-party rights.
National Calligraphy Competition Poster
Islamic Calligraphy Competition
Story Writing Competition
National Essay Competition
National Dress Competition
National Speech Competition
Poster Design Competition
National Painting Competition
National Photography Competition
National Sketching Competition
National Poetry Competition
National Azan Competition
National Naat Competition
National Qir’at Competition
Short Video Contest