Applications are currently being accepted for the esteemed and fiercely competitive Global Korea Scholarship 2024. Formerly known as the KGSP Korean Government Scholarship Program, GKS 2024 replaced it. This master’s and PhD program is totally sponsored by scholarships. The Korean government is funding this scholarship opportunity. More than 1300 foreign students from 155 countries who desire to study for a master’s or doctorate degree or conduct research in Korea will be chosen through the KGSP 2024.
Every student that is chosen will be assigned to a different South Korean university. The Korean Ministry of Education wants to boost competitiveness and international exchanges. Since 2016, almost 104,000 overseas students have benefited from this Korean scholarship. There are no restrictions on fields, giving every applicant a wide range of professional alternatives. Applications for the KGSP 2024 can be made in one of two ways: either by sending their supporting documentation to the Korean Embassy in their home nation, or by going straight to the Korean university.
One of the best and most competitive scholarships in the world is the Global Korea Scholarship for Graduate Degrees, which is offered by South Korea. Other fully-funded international scholarship programs like the Dutch Government Scholarship Stipendium Hungricum Scholarship, the US Fulbright Scholarship, the Chinese Government Scholarship, the Australia Awards Scholarships, the Turkey Burslari Scholarships, the Austria Government Scholarship, the Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, the Romania Government Scholarship, the New Zealand Government Scholarship, and the Daad Scholarship in Germany are comparable to it.
Why should someone study in Korea? South Korea provides well-prepared scholarships, affordable living expenditures, and reasonable housing costs when compared to European nations. All overseas students also experience various South Korean cities, investigate international laboratories, and develop cross-cultural understanding.
Global Korea Scholarship 2024 | Study in Korea | KGSP:
- South Korea
- Master’s Degree Programs
- PhD Programs
- Research Programs
Available Universities and Fields of Study:
- Refer to the 2024 GKS-G Available Universities & Fields of Study file attached in the Application Guidelines for general information. Contact each university for further information.
GKS Scholarship Duration:
- Doctoral Degree Program: 4 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 3 years of the regular degree program
- Master’s Degree Program: 3 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 2 years of a degree program
- Research Program: 6 Months or 1 Year
Benefits of the Korean Government Scholarship 2024:
The fully-funded scholarship in South Korea covers all expenses of the selected students. The scholarship will cover:
- Airfare (Return Air Ticket)
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance: (Degree Program) 900,000 KRW per month, (Research Program) 1,500,000 KRW per month
- Research Allowance
- Liberal Arts and Social Science majors: 210,000 KRW per semester
- Natural Science and Engineering majors: 240,000 KRW per semester
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Fully covered
- Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered
- Research Support Fees
- Medical Insurance will be covered.
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
Eligibility Criteria of Global Korea Scholarship 2024 in South Korea:
- All international students can apply.
- Korean citizens are not eligible to apply.
- A candidate applying for a graduate program must be under the age of 40 years.
- Master’s Program Applicant: Must hold a bachelor‟s degree or a level of education
- equivalent to or higher than a bachelor‟s degree.
- Doctoral Program Applicant: Must hold a master‟s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a master‟s degree.
- Research Program Applicant: Must have received an invitation from one of the partner universities.
- A person who has already availed of the Korean scholarship is not eligible to apply.
- A candidate should be in good health.
How to Apply for the Global Korea Scholarship 2024?
There are two ways to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2024. Either to the Korean Embassy of your country or directly to the domestic university of Korea.
- While applying to the Korean embassy, a candidate needs to dispatch original or attested documents to the embassy.
- On the other hand, applying directly to the university requires a candidate to submit all documents to the domestic university.
- An applicant applying via the embassy can apply to 3 universities whereas an applicant applying directly to the university can apply only to 1 university.
- Students passing round two of the Embassy track process should not consider it the final selection.
Required Documents for GKS South Korea Scholarship 2024:
- Recommendation letters
- Attested transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Published books
- Certificate of Proficiency
- Medical Assessment form
- Every country’s Korean embassy and the domestic university have different deadlines, so hurry up and apply as soon as possible.