Human rights lie at the core of each training course, and this training program brings together a diverse array of subjects relevant to human rights and their integration into diplomacy, international and multilateral relations. Through this free online course, you will explore
Thinking About Human Rights: Concepts of Human Rights, Underlying principles of Human Rights, Human Rights Culture, Historical Background of Human Rights
Gender-Based Discrimination and Violence: Introduction and definition, Various types of gender discrimination
Overview of Women's Rights in Pakistan: Violence against women: ground realities and the response of the civil society, media, and state institution
Faith-based Discrimination and Violence in Pakistan: Contributing factors, Effects of discrimination and violence on the basis of faith, Ways to end faith-based discrimination and violence, Roles and responsibilities of different stakeholders
Democracy and its Principles: Concepts of Democracy and its evolution, Principle of Democracy, Democratic Culture, Misconceptions about Democracy and how to deal with these misconceptions
Structure of Federal State: Main Organs of the Federal state, Roles, and Responsibilities of the different state institutions in federal Systems
Advocacy and Lobbying on Human Rights: Introduction, Tools, How to design successful Advocacy Campaigns on Human Rights
Religious Extremism in Pakistan: Historical overview, Contributing factors, Effects on national, regional and global peace, Response of the state, civil society and media in curbing Religious Extremism
Ideal For: The training course is designed for those who have an interest in Human Rights, the United Nations, and its regulatory bodies. This training will provide you with useful and valuable knowledge whether you are a student, graduate, human rights activist, lawyer, professor, judge, diplomat, journalist, etc
Learning Methodology: Presentation, Role Plays, Application Activities, Brainstorming, Skill-Building Exercises
After Taking the Course, you will be able to:
- Explain what human rights are and present the underlying principles. Identify ways to defend, protect, and promote human rights.
- Describe the main components of the international human rights system and identify some human rights instruments.
- Analyze some current issues using a human rights lens. Take action for human rights.
- After you have successfully completed the course, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy or in PDF format at
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-7 working days.
Group Sze for this Course: Minimum: 50 Participants, Maximum: 75 Participants
Course Duration: The duration of the training program is 1 Day (10:00 am - 4:00 pm).