When we start to look at effective communication skills course and techniques, it becomes immediately apparent that the way you present yourself is not all there is to it.
Effective Communication Skills
The greatest skill you can have in order to instantly and significantly improve your communications skills is to understand the other person's point of view and how they see the world. If you understand their point of view then you can adjust your own communication to take their point of view into account. The only person you can be sure of changing in any communication is you.
Learn how to communicate more effectively at work and achieve your goals. Taught by award-winning Wharton professor and best-selling author Maurice Schweitzer, Improving Communications Skills is an essential course designed to give you both the tools you need to improve your communication skills, and the most successful strategies for using them to your advantage. You'll learn how to discover if someone is lying (and how to react if they are), how to develop trust, the best method of communication for negotiation, and how to apologize.
You'll also learn when to cooperate and when to compete, how to create persuasive messages, ask thoughtful questions, engage in active listening, and choose the right medium (face-to-face conversation, video conference, phone call, or email) for your messages. By the end of the course, you'll be able to understand what others want, respond strategically to their wants and needs, craft convincing and clear messages, and develop the critical communication skills you need to get ahead in business and in life.
Communication Skills Training
Whether we communicate from behind a screen or face to face, strong interpersonal skills allow us to share ideas, points of view, expertise, and information effectively.
In this course, you’ll discover the best communication strategies for effective workplace collaboration, and reflect on your own personal communication style.
You’ll learn the importance of matching your communication style with your work and project goals and learn how to manage and control challenging conversations.
Effective Business Communication
When we think of business communication, we tend to focus on internal, workplace communication. This describes the way in which people within the business communicate, namely between managers, team leaders, supervisors, and colleagues.
Business communication also applies to the way the company communicates with other businesses, shareholders, customers, and any other party outside of the business. This is known as external communication.
Main Contents Includes:
Module 1: Fundamentals of Communication
To be a tactful and successful communicator, it’s important to understand and cultivate top-notch communication skills. Without foundations, an individual may self-sabotage.
- Outline the traditional communication model. Describe the elements of total communication. Articulate key techniques for strengthening communication skills
Module 2: Communicating With Tact and Diplomacy
Effective, tactful communication preserves relationships, builds credibility, and demonstrates thoughtfulness.
- Identify diplomatic and tactful communication techniques and strategies. Explain the benefits of diplomacy and tact. Describe strategies to avoid common communication problems
Module 3: Strengthening Credibility and Work Relationships
Tactful communication—along with emotional intelligence, respect, thoughtfulness, and compassion—are vital for credibility and success at work.
- Summarize the importance of interpersonal skills. Explain strategies for building alliances. Discuss what behaviors are needed to present credibility
Module 4: Powerful Listening Skills
Effective communication is more than speaking, it is also listening and understanding the message.
- Explain the benefits of skillful listening. Describe the attributes of a good listener. Summarize keys to effective listening
Module 5: Communicating With Different Personality Types
Effective communicators are very aware of how others perceive their behaviors and are able to avoid misunderstanding a great deal of the time.
- Summarize the different personality styles and their characteristics. Describe communication strategies suited to each of the personality styles. Discuss how to work effectively with various personality styles
Module 6: Positive Persuasion
When a person lacks formal authority, influencing is vitally important to persuade or successfully negotiate with others.
- Summarize strategies for negotiating. Identify persuasion techniques and tools. Describe how to deal productively with objections and resistance
Module 7: Leading Productive Meetings
Meetings should be a forum in which decisions are made, the consensus is reached, and action is taken.
- Articulate methods to communicate, lead and participate effectively in meetings. List communication obstacles in meetings. Summarize strategies for responding to challenges, comments, and questions
Module 8: Communicating With Tact in Difficult Situations
There are some conversations that require the utmost skill in diplomacy and finesse.
- Describe best-practice communication techniques to use in difficult conversations. Express strategies to effectively handle disagreements or misunderstandings. Articulate methods that help focus on getting a correct message
Module 9: Managing Conflicts and Preventing Communication Problems
Conflict can occur in any organization when employees with diverse cultures, backgrounds, work values, and priorities work together.
- Describe how to utilize a positive and constructive mindset. Explain tactics to handle other people’s conflicts. Identify ways to prevent or reduce defensive behavior
Ideal For: Young Professionals, Business Persons, Social Activists, Job Seekers, Young Graduates, Teachers & Managers, Young and New Entrants, Entrepreneurs.
Learning Methodology: Presentation, Role Plays, Application Activities, Brainstorming, Skill-Building Exercises
Group Size for This Course: Minimum: 50 Participants, Maximum: 75 Participants
Course Duration: The duration of this Communication Skills Training is 1 full day from 10 a.m to 4 p.m
- After you have successfully completed the course, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy or in PDF format at
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-7 working days.
Note: If someone needs a certificate in hard copy, he/she has to pay the printing and post charges of the certificate. Youth For Pakistan will not bear the expenses for printing and mailing the certificate.