The active listening skills course is one of the most important courses you can have in the business world today, regardless of your position. True, effective communication is about more than two or more people talking together. Listening and understanding the underlying meaning (not just the spoken words) requires specific skills and attention.
In some cases, what is not said may be more important than what is said, so tuning in to the meaning of nonverbal communication is critical to building productive working relationships. This program will save you time, frustration, and even money as you navigate the world of powerful active listening.
Effective listening requires both deliberate efforts and a keen mind. Effective listeners appreciate the flow of new ideas and information. Organizations that follow the principles of effective listening are always informed timely, updated with the changes and implementations, and are always out of crisis situations.
Active Listening Course
Active listening is the key to effective communication as it requires a real two-way exchange of information between two or more people. There is a big difference between "hearing" someone speak and "listening with intent", so once you start using the active listening techniques taught in this course you'll experience better results in your relationships both at home and in the workplace.
Active Listening Techniques
Enhancing your active listening skillset involves more than just hearing someone speak. When you’re putting active listening skills to practice, you should be using these 6 techniques:
Paying attention, Withholding judgment, Reflecting, Clarifying, Summarizing, and Sharing.
Ideal For: Young professionals, business persons, social activists, job seekers, young graduates, teachers & managers
Learning Methodology: Presentation, Role Plays, Application Activities, Brainstorming, Skill-Building Exercises
Session 1: Fundamentals of active listening
- Uncovering the qualities that make someone a good listener. Understand what gets in the way of good listening to avoid non-listening traps
- How good are you at listening?. Discover your listening prowess. 4 steps to becoming a more powerful and active listener. Actions to encourage you to be an active listener
- Discovering your own communication skillset. Identifying the actions that encourage active listening. How to show that you are listening
Session 2: Interactive listening and nonverbal communication
- Why do you need to add interactive listening to your communication skillset
- Providing feedback to the speaker
- 5 important techniques to use for powerful and effective interactive listening
- The 6 keys to effective listening when the environment is a challenge
- How to listen between the lines to really hear the speaker’s message
- 10 effective communication strategies to improve your communication skills
Session 3: Awareness of nonverbal communication
- Why it’s important to be aware of nonverbal communication. The components of nonverbal communication
- 3 main nonverbal communication signals that a listener and speaker should be aware of
Session 4: Getting the information you need … more quickly
- Understanding the 3 primary purposes of questions. Important considerations to keep in mind when asking questions
- Uncovering the 3 types and levels of questions. How to know which type of question to ask
- Putting it all together—How to focus on the skills needed to be an effective listener and communicator
Group size For This Course: Minimum: 50 Participants, Maximum: 75 Participants
Course Duration: The duration of this Active Listening Skills training course is 1 full day from 10 a.m to 4 p.m
- After you have successfully completed the course, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy or in PDF format at
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours, and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-7 working days.
Note: If someone needs a certificate in hard copy, he/she has to pay the printing and post charges of the certificate. Youth For Pakistan will not bear the expenses for printing and mailing the certificate.